Ditch, and Switch to Young Living
1. Safety: Have you read the label on the back of your store bought cleaners? Warning! Flammable! Call poison control if ingested! Keep out of children's reach! So many of these chemicals have not been tested for safety at all. Household cleaners contain the top 5 substances accounting for calls to National Poison Control Center. These cleaning products also contain ingredients that are endocrine disruptors, carcinogens, or neurotoxins. Kids, babies, and pets are even more vulnerable these chemical exposures because they are smaller and cannot get rid of toxins as easily as adults. It's defiantly worth switching to a plant based and mineral based product for your home.
2. Air Quality: Did you know that indoor air is 5/7 times more polluted than outdoor air?! Most cleaning products contain VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds), which have been associated with many health problems, including liver damage, kidney problems and damage to the central nervous system. They can also harm our lungs, cause throat irritation, and headaches. VOC's can linger in your home after using these harsh products allowing us to continuously breath them in.
3. Environmental Impact: Harsh chemicals found in cleaners are not only harmful to our bodies, but they also have a major impact on environmental pollution. Some commercial cleaners contain ingredients that are toxic, non-biodegradable, and from non-renewable resources like petroleum. Harsh chemicals may contaminate the water, plant, trees, animals, and us!
4. Convenience: It's much easier to clean with a few plant based products to take care of your home than a whole arsenal of toxic products under your sink. With Thieves household cleaner, you can tackle multiple cleaning jobs in your home without switching products as you clean. It cleans countertops, windows, mirrors, floors, toilets, showers, and pretty much everything else. You also don't have to worry about bleach stains and mixing harsh chemicals together. For the convenience alone it's worth a try!
5. Cost: The cost of buying multiple cleaners gets expensive. Thieves household cleaner is very cost effective as it comes in concentrated form. There are approximately 60 capfuls of the cleaner in a 14.4 ounce bottle. Using the medium degreasing ratio, you get about 28-30 16 ounce bottles of cleaner. That's less than $1. a bottle.
Why worry about the what if's? Be empowered and take control of your chores by using a plant based cleaning product for your home. The list can go on about reasonable benefits of using chemical free products in your home. This decision I made to use Young Living products has started such a healthy awareness in our home.